Thursday 13 May 2010

Blastoff

I don't think I'd like to go into space.

Not at the moment, anyway. I'd rather a few other people strapped themselves into a Virgin spaceship and risked being evaporated with rocket fuel before I give it a go.

But then, I am an official tardy-adopter, especially with anything dangerous. I went to university and met a load of people who'd had a gap year when they were 18 and spent it rescuing Zambian babies from crocodiles or building houses for poor people in Laos out of dental floss. Ignoring a school trip to Paris, I left the country for the first time when I was 28. I learned to drive in my twenties. I'm still not quite brave enough to turn the TV on during a thunderstorm, and I have to really gather my willpower to swim less than an hour after eating an edamame.

So I might give space travel a miss. You know, just for now.

10 May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment