Wednesday 21 April 2010

Apple

15 April 2010

I want an iPad. And I don’t even know why.

I’ve never seen one in real life. I don’t have an iPhone (though I have an iPod Touch, and I love it very much, as a song might go). They just sound lovely and desirable. And I wonder if the fact that there’s clearly no point to them at all makes them more desirable. Like gold. Rare, valuable, useless.

As soon as someone tells me exactly what it’s for I’ll probably go off the idea.
I’m misrepresenting myself slightly. I like to watch TV and films on my iPod, and the obvious drawback of that is all the actors’ heads are so small they could all be played by Pam St Clement and you wouldn’t actually know. How I managed to make sense of the entire series of Battlestar Galactica on a 4 inch screen I’m not sure, but suffice it to say that it took me two seasons to work out that most of the Cyclons looked the same.

An extra few inches would make all the difference. And as my junk email folder shows, I’m not the only man in history to think that.

No comments:

Post a Comment